It's time for another challenge at Pretty Paper Studio.
The challenge is pretty fabulous and pretty simple.
To play along:
- Just make a project: scrapbook page, card, altered project or any ideas you have in mind that uses a recycle item in it, totally up to you.
- The project has to be new, means that it is posted after the announcement of this challenge.
- Share it in Pretty Paper Studio's Challenge #6: Recycle It! Album in Facebook Group.
- Deadline: July 15, 2012.
- Of course the winner will receive a prize, a twenty five dirhams gift voucher.
Here's my inspiration for this challenge:
doily as a decorative lace...
thick brochure to die cut my flourishes, for Precious moments wordings (Arabic interpretation included) and punch some butterflies...
Since there was still leftover from the cardboard, I decided to make another project. I created a cardboard photo frame.
Follow Your Heart
Here's a picture on how I made the frame:
After the paint dried, I did a bit of embossing, brush with Perfect Pearls the same way I did with the layout and also used the same recycled materials.The sides of the frame were coated with gesso.
For the flowers, I pulled out some yellow pages from an old telephone directory. It is tissue thin and easy to crunch up.This is how the flowers were made:
1. Hand cut or die cut scallop circles or just plain circles using the yellow pages. I used 7 scallop circles. When using pattern papers, spray it with water or mist it so it will not tear off.
2. Punch a hole at the center and attached a brad.
3. Crunch up layer by layer then all layers together around the brad.
4. Distress the flower petals as desired then arrange. It is now ready to use as embellishment to your projects.
I hope you find my recycle project inspiring.
Create yours now and play along with us.
For more inspiration on this challenge,
visit other PPS design team's blogs
and see how they made their awesome projects.
Don't forget to leave them some love.